Monday, August 10, 2009

GL Div at Grissom

Drove out on Thursday night. 3 1/2 hours to Grissom. Hampton Inn for the night(s). Friday test and tune. 40 second course, unlimited runs. FUN! Dialed in tire pressures, and shocks, and pulled a full second against the closest competitor. Saturday, day one of racing, did my runs and found the car quite different, even though I didn't change anything. It just had some understeer compounded by power on oversteer. Hard to drive, yet same surface, different course, but blame it on the pressure of competition. I was down 2/10ths ending Saturday. Sunday started, closed the gap to 1/10th but still in 2nd place. Sprayed down tires, radiator, intercooler, engine, and myself as it was 96 on the car's temp gauge, and at the Air Force Base miles of open air made the constant 15mph wind feel like standing next to a hair dryer. My 2nd run the car felt great, like it did on Friday. I didn't change anything, I just drove. I pulled 5/10ths ahead of 2nd place which put me 3/10ths ahead overall. Second place driver over drove the car on his final run and lost time securing me the win.

No comments:

Post a Comment